I spent some time outside last night taking pictures of paper lanterns hanging from my trees, and while I looked around at the beautiful summer scenery I thought of all the great things to do on a summer night.
Here’s my list of 10 Things to do on a Summer Night:
- Skinny dip. Chunky dunk. Whatever you want to call it get naked and go for a dip. It’s a very *ahem* liberating feeling.
- Go stargazing. There’s nothing in the world like a starry summer night. Learn some constellations while you’re at it.
- Find a county fair. Ride all the rides, eat cotton candy and caramel apples and watch the Carnies.
- Sit outside with your feet up, music in your ear, and a cold drink in hand while you watch the sun go down.
- Go fishing in the dark. You’ve heard the song, right? It’s actually really fun to go fishing in the dark.
- Make S’mores. If you don’t have access to a fire pit do it over your barbecue or your stove. Just make sure to eat it outside, it tastes better that way.
- Sleep out. Outside, under the stars. On your trampoline, in a tent, wherever it is, sleep out.
- Catch fireflies and make old fashioned lanterns with canning jars.
- Watch a fireworks show on a blanket snuggled up to someone you love.
- Go to a rodeo. Nothing in the world makes me feel more like summer than a good old rodeo.
Anything to add? Something I’m missing?