The heat is on, but your makeup doesn’t have to look melted and heavy. A simple summer rmakeup look is all you need. It’s funny how the weather and seasons change the way we do our hair and makeup. I guess it’s because the weather–heat, humidity, air conditioning–affects our wardrobes and skin and even our moods. I know I definitely change the way I do makeup during the summer, opting for lighter, brighter, more natural. So today I thought it would be fun to share my simple summer make routine.
Simple Summer Makeup
Yep, you guys, that’s all you need! And it will be more than enough. In fact, you could even go with less by eliminating the BB Cream and just using the bronzer. Here’s what I use to get this simple summer makeup look:
- Eye Liner – I am currently using an eye liner I got in my Julep box and I currently love it! Any brown eye liner you can just smudge into your lash line would be perfect.
- Mascara – My favorite mascara, hands down, is this Voluminous by L’Oreal. I’ve tried the expensive stuff and the cheap stuff and it always comes back to this baby for me.
- BB Cream – This is a perfect way to smooth your skin over without having to apply a really heavy foundation. I have been using the Ponds BB Cream because I love the way my skins smooths out with it. CoverGirl also has a fun tinted moisturizer that works great.
- Bronzer – Forget the blush, just put it away for the summer. Bronzer is all you need. You can apply it on your cheekbones as a blush and even on your hairline on your forehead down to under your cheekbones for a bronzed look. I love my Clinique bronzer I bought a few years back.
- Chapstick – it’s not in the picture because I forgot to include it, but Chapstick (or any other basic lip balm) is perfect. I still use lipstick for nights out or when I feel like dressing up a but Chapstick is a go-to every day kind of thing that keeps your look very natural. If you want to add more to your lip, go with a clear or tinted balm over your favorite lip pencil.
For simple summer makeup, I always start with my eyes. Just apply the liner by smudging it into your lashes. I would suggest that you don’t make a thick line with it, just enough to define your eyes. You are going for a pretty natural effect here. Then finish your eyes off with some mascara.
Apply the BB Cream all over your face like you would lotion. But make sure it’s rubbed in well around the chin/neckline. Because even though it’s supposed to be light and natural, it can still leave a line or streaks and no one wants that. Then lightly apply the bronzer however you want, I usually just use it as a blush on my cheekbones and up into the hairline.
That’s all there is to a simple summer makeup look for you. Anyone can do this look and even though you’re perfectly beautiful without makeup (and you are!!) it’s nice to feel polished and pretty with makeup on sometimes too.
So tell me, do you adjust your makeup routine for the hot summer months? I’d love to hear what you do!