Christmas just isn’t Christmas until I’ve made my famous homemade toffee. It’s gotten to the point where if I don’t make it and hand it out as gifts, my neighbors ask if everything is okay at my house. It really is that good, but it takes enough butter that I only make it once a year. It’s my favorite quick, homemade Christmas neighbor gift. And this year I added caramel popcorn for something a little extra delicious.
- Use my homemade toffee recipe to make as many batches of toffee as you need. One batch makes about 1 pound of candy, so I make about 3-4 batches to have enough for about 15 neighbor gifts. This year I added caramel popcorn to the treat bag. It not only adds extra deliciousness, it also fills out the bag so the homemade toffee goes a little further. I got about 20 neighbor gifts out of 3 batches of toffee after I added popcorn.
- Using any labels you want (I used Martha Stewart labels from an office store) write out your Christmas / holiday message.
- Stick label to a cellophane bag before filling.
- Fill bag with popcorn first, then add a handful of toffee pieces.
- Fold the top of the bag over and staple in the middle.
- For a little extra pizzazz, add a strip of washi tape down the middle of the bag. It will not only add some color, you’ll cover up the staple. BOOM.
- Deliver to happy, delighted neighbors.
- Win at life.