Orange + Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Recipe
These orange + lemon citrus muffins are so delicious! A Tasty kick of citrus mixed with a dense, moist muffin for a sneaky little dessert breakfast. I love that kind of breakfast.
Recipe type: Baked goods
Serves: 1 dozen
- 2 and ⅓ cups (292g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (115g) salted butter, melted*
- juice and zest of 2 medium lemons*
- juice and zest of 1 orange*
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup (120g) non-fat or low-fat Greek or regular yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- coarse sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Spray muffin pan with nonstick spray or use cupcake liners to bake.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, white granulated sugar, brown sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together until completely mixed.
- In a medium bowl whisk the melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, juice of one orange and orange zest together until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking after each one. Add the yogurt and vanilla + stir. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently mix together until completely mixed, but the batter will be lumpy, so don't over-mix.
- Spoon batter into the tins, filling them all the way to the top. Sprinkle each with coarse sugar. Bake for 5 minutes at 425F. Then reduce oven temperature to 375F and continue to bake for 10-13 minutes more until tops are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
(Visited 859 times, 2 visits today)