Let’s talk red lipstick. It is no secret that I love lip color. The brighter, the bolder, the better! Don’t have time to do your makeup? Slap on some powder and bright lipstick and BAM you’re glamorous! Now, red used to be my absolute favorite, but there’s a new color in town and I think that orange just may be the new red in my life.
Think orange is a little too far out there for a lip color? Just go ahead and search “orange lipstick trend” and see all the images that come up. I really can’t find one that doesn’t look nice! Today I’m gonna chat a little about the oranges I own and some you might want to try.
Let’s start with the best way to ease into this trend. Going with a lighter, sheer orange makes it easier to start rocking a somewhat funky color without putting it all out there at first.
Revlon Super Lustrous in Lover’s Coral is the perfect place to start. It goes on super smooth and feels like you’re wearing chap stick. It’s not super strong or bold, but it’s definitely a good start.
If you’re used to wearing a bold red color, an easy transition to orange is — obviously — an orange-ish red!
I love this Maybelline ColorSensational in Vibrant Mandarin. It’s bright, bold, and has a hint of red but is still very orange. It’s definitely an ‘in between’ color and looks great on all skin colors.
The truest orange that I own is the Revlon ColorBurst in Tutti Frutti. It’s a lovely bright orange. It also goes on very silky and smooth so it doesn’t feel like you’re wearing a heavy lip color. If you’re not used to lipstick and want to jump in on this trend, this is a great place to start. I also love matte colors, but if you’re not used to it, it might feel funny. This one feels like gloss, it’s lovely.
A few lip colors that you might want to check out if you like the orange trend:
- Etsy My Beauty Addiction $7.50 – This orange looks so fantastic! It’s rich & bright and bold. Perfect for going all out with this trend.
- NYX Matte in Indie Flick $5.99 – Another fun matte color and for $5.99 if it doesn’t work out, it’s not that big of a deal!
- Yves St Laurent in Corail Legend $34 – This color looks like a soft, pretty coral. It’s a perfect start orange color and would look great on all skin types.
- Baby Lips Electro Lip Blam $3.49 - Now here’s if you want to go super bold with the orange! I mean, it’s in the name! This color is bright and fun and will definitely make a statement!
- Le Metier de Beaute Lip Gloss in Orange Juiced $32 – If you’re a lip gloss kinda girl, this one is perfect! It’s limited addition, but to me, it looks worth it!
- L’Oreal Color Riche Extraordinaire in Orange Tempo $7.99 – This looks like more of a fall/burnt orange. So pretty from spring all the way into fall!
- MAC in Sweet Grenadine $17 – I just love MAC lipstick. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of it. I mean, I like my inexpensive stuff too, but MAC will always have a sweet place in my heart. This bright orange looks like the next one I need in my collection!
So are you ready? Get out there and get yourself an orange lip color!! Always, always remember that your best accessory is your confidence! You yourself need to believe you look good in it first. Don’t worry, after you do, the whole world will follow!
Have a great day, and try some red / orange lipstick!