I’m not a dreamer. I don’t mean I don’t have dreams while I sleep. I mean I don’t naturally sit and dream up things about my future. However, as a healthy exercise for the mind and soul, every so often, I sit and make myself dream. Recently I did this around travel destinations. I encourage you to do the same. Make a travel bucket list. If anything, your search on the web will be delightful eye candy to all the beautiful places in the world!
My travel bucket list consists of…
1. Bali. My husband and I both have a fascination with Bali. The beauty of it simply takes my breath away. A bungalow right on the beach? Yes, please.
2. Brazil. I have LOTS of Brazilian friends and I’ve yet to step foot on the South American continent. I think it’s high time to see what all the fuss is about. A vacation in Rio, perhaps?
3. Ireland. I’ve been to Ireland, but it was a short visit. Our “tourist” day was misty and cloudy, so we didn’t get to go to the cliffs. I want to see the cliffs!
4. Greece. I love Greek food. That combined with the beautiful blue of the waters lures me into entertaining Greece as a place I need to see NOW!
5. France. I’ve heard differing opinions of Paris but I want to see the Eiffel Tower for myself! The Louvre would be fascinating to visit as well.
6. Sweden. My great grandfather came to the U.S. from Sweden. I remember, as a little girl, listening to my grandmother talk about him and her growing up speaking Swedish at home. I’ve been to Scandinavia but never Sweden. I must make it there someday!
7. Botswana. I live SO CLOSE to Botswana so I just need to make a trip and go. I have this image in my head of the landscape of this country and I’m dying to see if it’s accurate or not.
So, do you dream up exotic places that you would like to set foot? If you get stuck on making a travel bucket list, might I suggest a few simple tips?
One, sit down and just brainstorm on places you would like to visit someday. Two, put aside the things that might bust up those dreams like money, kids, etc. and just give yourself the freedom to dream uninhibited. Three, stick your list in a safe place and look at it every once in a while. You never know when you might be able to tick something off that bucket list.
Happy dreaming! And traveling!