A good body scrub is the best thing next to a nice long beach vacation. In a pinch. I only discovered body scrubs a few years ago and now I’m obsessed and can’t stop coming up with new recipes! My most recent favorite is this lavender body scrub, perfect for exfoliating and moisturizing dry skin, while smelling delicious and relaxing. I can’t wait for you to make some for yourself and 10 of your closest friends (it’s too good not to share!).
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- ½ cup dried lavender
- ½ cup olive or coconut oil
- 5-10 drops lavender essential oil
- Mix together Epsom salt and oil.
- Using a mortar + pestle, gently crush lavender to release flavor oils.
- If you don't have a mortar + pestle, use a Ziploc bag and rolling pin. Put lavender in Ziploc bag and seal. Use rolling pin to roll over lavender over and over again until the lavender is crushed.
- Add crushed lavender to salt + oil mixture.
- Stir ingredients well.
- Add 5-10 drops lavender oil to mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Store in a container with a lid, like a small Mason jar.
- Use in shower or bath to exfoliate and moisturize skin. It's relaxing and invigorating for your body!
If you’re super into this self-care stuff, especially the self-care stuff you can EASILY make at home on the cheap, you might love some of these other body scrubs I’ve been whipping up:
- DIY Home Made Grape Fruit Body Scrub (this stuff smells like a tropical vacation)
- Make It: Your Own Coffee Body Scrub DIY (reduces visible cellulite for real! plus, it smells amazing)
- Peppermint Sugar Scrub Recipe Home Made (talk about invigorating – this scrub will perk you right up)
- Make: Strawberry Salt Foot Scrub DIY (perfect for an at home pedicure to get your feet exfoliated)
- How To Make Your Own Citrus Scrub (use up your leftover citrus fruits to make this delicious body scrub)