Lavender bath salt: let’s make some!
Guys, we’re all in need of a little relaxing spa time aren’t we? I am. For sure I am. If you ever want a spa buddy, I’m your girl. But it’s not always in the budget to pop off to a spa, so we make do with what we’ve got. Which in my case is to lock my bedroom door, barricading myself in my bathroom for a little “me” time.
Let’s be honest, my kids always pick the lock and harass me when I try to
have a little alone time escape them, but I’ve gotten pretty good at blocking them out. The smell of lavender is pretty good at masking the sounds of whiny children. Swearsies. If you don’t believe me, go make some lavender salt scrub. It’s the business.
But if you don’t want a salt scrub, a nice soaking bath with lavender bath salt is the perfect alternative. It has the relaxing properties of lavender, the detoxing stuff from Epsom salts, and the skin softening from baking soda.
In other words, perfection.
It’s so easy to make it, too! Only 3 ingredients (4 if you want to go the extra mile and get a gold sticker from me).
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- ½ cup baking soda
- 3 tablespoons dry lavender
- (optional) 3 drops lavender essential oil
- In a small bowl, mix together Epsom salt and baking soda.
- Add dry lavender and mix completely.
- For extra yum add a few drops of lavender essential oil.
- Mix together and use immediately or store for later use.
- Give as a gift, or store in a cute jar in your bathroom to use when you need a little pick-me-up.
- I make in large batches of about 6 cups and use about 1 cup per bath.
- Keeps for 6 months.
I love using lavender in my DIY beauty recipes almost more than anything else, it just smells so darn good. Have fun making it!