Avocado conditioner: make your own deep hair conditioner with this easy, all-natural recipe!
As you know, I’m a huge fan of DIY beauty, and love it when I can combine leftover food that would otherwise go to waste with a few pantry ingredients to make a spa worthy beauty recipe. Case in point, avocado deep hair conditioner. Make your own avocado conditioner and have a relaxing spa night at home with this DIY avocado, honey + olive oil hair mask. Check out the how to below.
- ½ ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a small bowl mash together a ripe avocado using a fork.
- Add olive oil and honey and mix thoroughly.
- Apply to dry hair until completely saturated with conditioner.
- Let conditioner sit for at least 15 minutes or longer.
- Wrap hair with Saran Wrap.
- When done, rinse with lukewarm water until conditioner is completely gone.
- Shampoo and conditioner hair as usual.
Use this hair conditioner on super dry, over-processed, dyed, and sun damaged hair. The protein in the avocado repairs the frayed, dried out strands of hair to make a silky smooth, deeply conditioned head of hair. It’s perfect for summertime hair that’s been over-chlorinated and exposed to lots of UV rays and sunshine, on top of hot styling tools and lots of product. I use this mask on my swim team kids at least once a month in the summer and a few times during the winter to keep their dry, breakable hair in good shape all year long.
Have fun making your own avocado conditioner.