What do you look for in a foundation? Do you look for anything special in a foundation? Do you even wear foundation? A lot of us don’t, and I’m in and out of that camp all the time because I just don’t like the feel of heaviness on my skin. At all. The most I can handle on my face normally is a very lightweight moisturizer and some blush. When it’s a special occasion or I need serious coverage for family photos or a random photo shoot. In my day-to-day life I just don’t like the feel of anything on my skin.
Still, my skin is a train wreck, and I feel a little better covering up some of this mid-30’s hormonal skin nonsense. I’ve been on the lookout for just the right thing for awhile, and today I’m partnering with bareMinerals to share a new liquid foundation with you, called bareSkin, and so far I like it a lot.
There’s some serious science behind this bareSkin® foundation, 20 years worth actually, so you know the chemistry is awesome.
Here’s what I look for in a foundation:
- Any foundation I put on my skin has to feel like it isn’t there. My skin is oily and my makeup slides off my face, so I don’t want a mudslide halfway through the day.
- I want non-comedogenic so my pores don’t get clogged
- I need sunscreen. I wish I’d told my 17-year-old self how invaluable it is, but she wouldn’t have listened anyway. Now that my skin is old enough to show wear-and-tear, sunscreen isn’t optional.
- I really enjoy foundation that blends well. We all should be blending our foundation with a brush anyway, did you know that? So liquid foundation makes extra sense, especially when it’s lightweight and really blendable (totally a word).
- I buy makeup that’s expensive enough to be good makeup, but I don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars. It just isn’t worth it to me. bareSkin has a really, really reasonable price-point at less than $30. Ridiculous awesome.
I want to know what you look for in a foundation. What are your must-haves and your stay-away-froms? Leave a comment so I know what the rest of you are doing, I really want to know!