Today, how to geometric earrings, a DIY involving clay and and Xacto knives. Get excited, this is a how to DIY you want to pay close attention to so you can whip up some earrings this weekend. Check out the how to details.
Have you guys noticed this geo trend going on? There’s been geometric shaped everything lately, from how to jewelry to candles to how to geometric planters; even holiday decorations are getting geodified. Yes, geodified. Well, now it’s time to add some geometric flair to your ears with these simple earrings you can make in just an hour (and that even includes bake time)!
Materials for How To Geometric Earrings DIY:
- Polymer Clay in the color(s) of your choice
- Blank Earring Posts – available at most craft stores
- Razor blade, Xacto knife or clay knife – something to carve and slice the clay.
- Step 1: Cut off a ½” x ½” cube and then slice a tiny sliver off of the cube
- Step 2: Place the post on the back of cube
- Step 3: Stack the sliver on top and smooth together with your fingers
- Step 4: With your cutting instrument start slicing different angles until you get the shape you want!
Insiders Tip: I found that fewer, bigger cuts look better than a lot of tiny cuts. And don’t worry if you cut off too much or don’t like how it looks, you can just pull it apart and try again until you get it how you like it!
Bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper at 275F for 30 minutes.
Afterward, take them out of the oven and resist the urge to touch them! They may still be a little soft but will continue curing as they cool. Wait until they cool completely before handling them.
You can add a coat of glaze to your new baubles if you want to add a little more shine to them, but that it isn’t necessary. Once the earrings are cool and glazed (if you chose to do so) your earrings are ready to wear!
These earrings are so simple to make that you could make so many different pairs! Try marbling the clay together and stacking two colors on top of each other and make a color-blocked pair.
What a fun way to add a pop of neon for your Spring wardrobe! Happy Crafting, go make your own geometric earrings (you know how to now!).