Lemon is having a moment in my life right now. Which is a euphemistic way of saying, I’m kind of obsessed with everything (everything) lemon. I don’t know how it happened, but I’ve fallen headfirst and I never want it to end.
The thing about lemons is this:
- they’re pretty to look at
- they’re delicious
- they’re so refreshing
- they’re SO good for you
- they’re ridiculously multipurpose
- d, all of the above
My current favorite bath + body concoction is this recipe for lemon + rosemary bath salt. It smells like fresh summer deliciousness and is actually really detoxifying for your body. Winning, all around.
Once you make the lemon + rosemary bath salt (see printable recipe below), pour it into a hot bath and soak for as long as your body can take it. The lemon and Epsom salts will pull all sorts of bad stuff from your body, and the smell of fresh rosemary mixed in will help maintain your fantasy that you’re actually bathing in the South of France instead of your regular old bathroom. I highly recommend it for the end of a long day.
And if you don’t have a bathtub, no worries. Fill up a bucket or bowl with the hottest water you can stand and give your feet a nice soak with these bath salts. Dreamy.
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil or vitamin E oil
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Measure one cup of Epsom salt into a clean kitchen bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon jojoba or vitamin E oil
- Add 7-10 drops lemon essential oil
- Chop up one sprig of rosemary and add to bowl of salt.
- Mix all ingredients together and let it steep several hours or overnight.
- Scoop salt mixture into airtight container and save.
- When ready, pour lemon rosemary bath salt into bathtub for a delicious detoxifying hot bath.