Today’s how to: home made peppermint sugar scrub (with a recipe!).
The last sugar scrub we made together (let’s pretend we had a girl’s night – more fun for everyone) was a lovely lavender body scrub, perfect for relaxing and exfoliating at the same time.
Today’s sugar scrub is the opposite of that. It’s a delicious (and I do mean delicious) home made peppermint sugar scrub, which feels so invigorating and refreshing in the warmer months . . . hello, Summer!
Peppermint sugar scrub genuinely feels a little tingly on your skin, and I swear it cools you down, if only mentally. Exactly what a girl (and guy!) needs during a hot, sticky time of year. This sugar scrub is genuinely one of my favorites; it smells so delectable and fresh, which is always what I crave when things get too warm.
Whip up some of this sugar scrub to stash in your shower, and let me know if you try it. I promise, learning how to make this peppermint scrub was a huge revelation to me, and has saved me so much cash in the end.
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ - ½ cup olive oil or coconut oil
- 5-10 drops Vitamin E oil
- peppermint essential oil (add drops until it smells strong enough for you) - I use between 5-15 depending on the oil
- Measure sugar into a bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix together Vitamin E oil and coconut or olive oil.
- Add oils to sugar and combine well.
- If you like your scrubs with more oil, add oil until you're satisfied. Mix well.
- If your sugar scrub gets too oily, add sugar until you're happy with the consistency.
- Use on dry hands after washing or use in the bath or shower after cleansing.
- Pat skin dry.