How were your holidays? Good? Crazy? Relaxing? Mine were a combination of the three, with an unintentional bit of R&R on the tail end after my stupid skiing accident last week. I read an 800 page novel, watched the entire series of The Pacific, and spent a fair share of time napping in bed.
So, yes, happy holidays to me!
A few items of business before we jump into the new year:
- My site has been having a few technical glitches, things I’m trying to fix to make Petit Elefant more user friendly for all of you. If you’ve been trying to search the archives and have gotten a 404 message, it should be fixed now. If not, let me know and I’ll look into it asap.
- A reader asked how random the giveaway winners really are, and I’m here to tell you, they’re 100% random. If you want to pray to someone, pray to the gods of Random.org. Swearsies.
- I posted about some of the makeup loot Santa brought me, hoping to prompt some ideas for video tutorials. I’m still asking. I can show you every makeup trick in the book, but you have to tell me what it is you’re looking for. As it is, I might whip out a how-to black eye tutorial this week. Shout out some makeup ideas in the comments and I’ll add your ideas to the roster.
- The winner from the Undertease Pencil Skirt giveaway is:
I have been wanting to watch Mad Men for the longest. Im not sure which character I would be but from glancing at the comments I sound like a Betty. That skirt is way hot!!
- And the winner of the Flowered Headband Accessories is:
Can you hear my screaming like a small child from here? No? Good, thatd be embarrassing. Almost as embarrassing as me fighting with my girls over the package if I win. ohoho.
Congrats to both of you on your spoils. Get in touch with me ASAP to claim your booty. If I don’t hear from you within 7 days, I’m choosing someone else. Email me: allisonATpetitelefantDOTcom
And on a more sentimental note, thanks for everything you bring to the Petit Elefant community. I can’t tell you how much it means to me that you choose to share your day with me, every day, year after year. I love you for it. Here’s to a wonderful 2011.