Time for goop, a super fun craft recipe to make with kids!
Today I’m sharing one of the easiest, most delightful kid’s crafts of all time: home made goop, or slime. We’ve called it a lot of things as we’ve made it together over the years: goop, gobbledeygook, homemade slime, Ogre boogers, gloop. Whatever you call it, it’s super fun and easy to make!
Check out the recipe below, and print it up to keep in your craft stash.
- ½ cup liquid starch
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup Elmer's Glue
- a few drops of food dye (optional)
- Mix together water and Elmer's Glue in a medium sized bowl until completely combined.
- Add a few drops of food dye (or glitter!) to glue mixture and combine.
- Add starch to glue mix and use hands to mix completely until you have slime.
- This goop / slime dries out, so if you want to re-use (you can keep it to play with until it dries out) keep it in an airtight container out of the sun.
- Have fun!
This goop would be so much fun to make for a birthday party craft, a classroom party (think how fun it would be to make on Halloween!), or as a gift for elementary aged kids, wrapped up in cute plastic wrapping or in a small container with a lid. My kids would have loved that as a present!
Goop is also perfect for a rainy day activity, or for long summer days when kids need a craft. It’s such a fun craft for so many ages, from toddlers up to pre-teens, and keeps for weeks. It can be stretched or cut into shapes, or just squished around in your hands. We love it!
Have fun making your very own goop!