I confess. I spent the bulk of last night wrapped in a blanket, watching the Golden Globes. Mostly just for the clothes. Of all the shows recognized last night, cinema or television, I think I’ve only seen 3. But, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler? Pretty darn funny. The George Clooney Lifetime Achievement Award joke was probably the best joke of the evening, along with “…to prepare for my role as Human Woman.” Amen.
Other highlights: George Clooney’s speech, Michael Keaton’s speech (way to go, Mr. Mom!) and for goodness sakes, that beautiful Gina Rodriguez: “I can, and I did!” Fantastic. And, well, Prince. What? John Legend and Common–so good. But enough with the talk. Let’s get back to the clothes, with just a few of my favorites from the Golden Globes Awards.
1. Julianne Moore (in Givenchy Haute Couture) made an entrance with this glamorous number. Those feathers and shimmer gave such great movement and interest to the gown. Congrats on the win, also!
2. Katie Holmes–this rich plum color is gorgeous on her, and a beautiful wintery shade with lovely pleats and drape, plus that jeweled cuff bracelet. Understated and timeless.
3. Reese Witherspoon (in Calvin Klein Collection) is a perpetual favorite of mine, and this lovely sparkly silvery gown is no exception. It’s a perfect fit, perfect amount of sexy, but completely classy. I’d love to wear this one.
4.Helen Mirren just works it, every single time. Sophisticated, but still sexy and even a bit vampy. Go for it. She’s my woman-of-a-certain-age inspiration.
5. Emma Stone (in Lanvin) is always fun, and her saucy haircut makes this adorable glitzy pantsuit even hotter. Really, that bodice is amazing, I love that sash and dainty black heels, too!
6. Amy Adams (in Atelier Versace) chose a color that really complements her beautiful eyes, and this silvery-grey gown gives me old-Hollywood vibes. It feels maybe a smidge more Oscars than Golden Globes, but still lovely and timeless.
7. Emily Blunt (in Michael Kors) is another one of my favorites. This photo isn’t the best of her, but I always, always love a white Grecian style gown, and this one looks fantastic on her with just the right amount of “puddle” at the hem. I’m in love with those earrings, too.8. Lupita Nyong’o (in Giambattista Valli Couture) was a breath of spring. I’m sure this one is going to land on someobody’s “miss” list but for me, it was artistic and fresh and fun and just the thing for her, and for the Golden Globes.
Which looks were your favorite? Least favorite?