Friday News Roundup Time! This week: a campaign to help the Sundance Ski Team get some funding, and a few tidbits of happiness from around the web.
- Have you ever been to Sundance Mountain Resort in Utah? It’s absolutely gorgeous, one of my favorite places to visit with my family in the Fall and Winter months. Right now, the Sundance Ski Team is thisclose to winning a video competition which will help fund the build a training facility for their very young team. It’s a huge, big fat deal and they would really love our help inching over the top. Voting only takes a few seconds on Facebook (literally) and you’ll automatically be entered to win either a Sundance Foundry Grill dinner for 2 (so yummy) or a Half Day Fly Fishing Getaway for 2. The giveaway ends tomorrow at midnight, will you help us get this team to their goal?
- The movement I Like Giving is really picking up steam, have you seen it yet? It’s basically a place on the internet where people like you and me are able to gather together to figure out what specific type of giving makes us the happiest. I really like giving, a whole lot, and am totally in love with both the movement and the stories within. Go check it out for yourself and let me know what you think. My favorite story so far is: I like being 98
- I love these 27 Travel Tips Or How To Get More Out Of Your Trip from Lonely Planet. I’ve tried so many of the tips on the list, have you?
- Some of my friends are traveling to Peru this week to learn more about the amazing non-profit Krochet Kids Intl. whose mission statement is To Empower Women To Rise Above Poverty. If you’re feeling chilly, this is a great place to buy a beanie for your cold head. I’m particularly in love with this beanie for myself.
- How happy are you? I mean really, truly happy. My friend Kristen is writing about something weekly called The Happiness Report, where every week she shares what’s currently making her happy. It’s pretty beautiful and I love seeing what makes other people tick. Go check it out!
If you’re celebrating, have a wonderful Valentine’s Day weekend, I’m really grateful for you guys, and love you a lot. If I had enough Lindt chocolate to go around, I’d give some to each and every one of you.