Friday news roundup time! It’s been a couple of weeks since my last Friday News Roundup, and so much has happened since then. How are you, my pretties? December has flown by, and also ARE WE DONE YET? I have mixed feelings about this time of year. It’s my favorite but so riddled with guilt and stress. I need to figure out how to rid myself of both, they’re counterproductive to happiness, and it’s the HAPPIEST time of year. Happy Holidays, Mazel Tov, Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Merry Christmas, and happy-almost-new-year’s-eve!
What’s going on? Well, so glad you asked. There’s a lot of news to share.
- Russia’s president, the
honorable humanitarianterrorist Vladimir Putin released political prisoner Mikhail Khodorkovsky today, out of the goodness of his heartdue to (my personal opinion) the heat he’s feeling from the international community prior to this Winter’s 2014 Olympics. Oh Vladi, you’re such a softie.
- I have two giveaways currently on Petit Elefant, and you want a part of this action. Two $100 gift card giveaways. Guys! It’s the holidays, and everyone needs cash. Thanks Ricola + MiniTime.
- Lindsey made some tasty wassail to die for. Grab the recipe + make some over the holidays.
- This DIY dry skin recipe just might be exactly what you need to combat the family stress acne you’re about to experience.
- Teenagers can be jerks. I’ve got a list of teenager holiday gifts for the
terroriststeens in your life.
- 5 Short Holiday Party Dresses! Because you’re a fox, and it’s time to show the world those legs of yours.
- Peanut butter chocolate cream pie: the holidays are meant for pajamas + sweats with very elastic waistbands.
- You guys, Anchorman 2 was so funny I cried. Like, wheezing-crying-almost-wet-your-pants-funny.
- Say Yes to Hoboken has some pretty adorable Printable Christmas Tags for your last minute gifts.
- If you’re looking for a recipe to make over the holiday break Tracy has a recipe for Bourbon Salted Caramels. I die.
- Today’s Mama has a roundup of The Top Stories of 2013, According to Moms. Where do you weigh in?
I have a column at Babble called The Petit Voice, and I’d love to see you over there. I’ve been busy writing over there recently, and I have all sorts of holiday related happiness for your reading pleasure.
- 7 Ways to Rejuvenate This Holiday Season
- 11 Easy and Cheap DIY Holiday Gifts for Friends
- Christmas Morning Breakfast – Do it Right!
- 10 Last-Minute Christmas Gifts for Mom That She’s Sure to Love
- My Favorite Family Tradition: Dad’s Christmas Muesli
What are you up to over the holidays? We’re heading to Spokane tomorrow for awhile. Our neighbors are house watching and I’m so grateful to them. Good neighbors are my favorite. Anything awesome to do in Spokane? I’ve never been!
I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend and a happy new year! I hope you all know how much I appreciate you all spending time on Petit Elefant. It means a lot, and I love all of you from the bottom of my frozen tippy toes. I’ll be posting pretty lightly over the next couple of weeks so I can spend time with my littles. I’m also planning to finish the 2,000 piece puzzle of the Kremlin I started last Christmas. I will succeed! Stay safe, Happy Holidays and I’ll see you back here soon.