I haven’t done a Friday news round-up for a long, long time. Mostly because I’m distract-able and life is distracting. Something along those lines, but I refuse to commit to a solid reason because I don’t really have one.
In other news, it’s Friday news round-up time! It’s probably been longer than I care to admit so I’ll remind you about what this entails: me including links of news-y stuff you might have missed on the internet and want to read because the internet is made of magic.
- Let’s get started with shirtless / never-nude / almost nude photos of David Beckham swinging on London rooftops. Don’t ask why. All I know is I love the Fug girls more than life itself and photos of David Beckham almost as much.
- I write a weekly Babble Voices column, about anything and everything. This week I wrote about how Being weird is cool, especially when you’re a girl and hear all sorts of mixed messages in your life about how to be / look / act / dress.
- Tomorrow I leave to go spend time with some of my favorite women at a photography retreat in North Carolina. I’m beyond excited and keep having to remind myself to take my own advice and pack for weeks in a carry on bag.
- The project Portraits of Soldiers Before, During, and After War is beautiful and terrifying, a very real reminder of the costs of war
- On a lighter note: decorating stairs anytime soon? Here are 25 Brilliant Ways to Decorate Your Stairs from Brit + Co.
- This BBQ Chicken Salad from my friend Tracy looks amazing. Go make it.
- My bestie with breasties Marie is so crafty it hurts my feelings sometimes. Right now she’s recycling old t-shirts into yarn, because don’t you?
- It’s not news that the U.S. government is full of morons, but my friend Jenny is brilliant and has some great ideas to help on a community level in her most recent post We are the Government.
- My friend Joy is a baker and as such will school you on the difference between baking soda and baking powder. It’s not like they teach that in Junior High.
- Have you seen the Jimmy Fallon / Justin Timberlake #hashtag skit yet? YOU GUYS. I love Jimmy Fallon so much, this is brilliant, watch this as you head into your weekend.
Happy not news / news weekend!