Charcoal pore strips are so easy to make at home, there’s no reason to ever buy them at the store again!
Have you been seeing DIY charcoal pore strips all over the internet? I have, and since I love making DIY facials, I thought it would be fun to try the charcoal version. Activated charcoal is so good at removing toxins inside your body, I thought it would be good for the outside of your body, and I was right. These DIY charcoal pore strips pulled out impurities and blackheads so effectively I’ve already made them again!
Here’s the recipe to make your very own charcoal facial so you can skip the price of the spa, (or the cheaper, but still expensive grocery store version!). You’ll have enough charcoal to make your own DIY charcoal pore strips again and and again, whenever your face needs a little clean-up. It feels amazing and does such good work! Way to go, charcoal.
DIY Charcoal Pore Strips How To Make Your Own
- activated charcoal tablets
- Elmer's glue
- Crush up a few of the charcoal tablets, or if using capsules, empty them into a bowl.
- Add about 1 Tablespoon of Elmer's Glue.
- Mix together well.
- Immediately apply to the area of the face where you'd like to remove blackheads. The nose, forehead, and chin area are common areas of oily buildup.
- Let the pore strips dry completely.
- Remove by picking at a small corner with your nails or a pair of tweezers, and pulling gently until completely removed.
- If extra charcoal mask is left on the skin, wash with warm water until it's gone.
Have fun making your very own charcoal pore strips, and be sure to let me know how they turn out for you! We made enough to try them on everyone in the family and they were such a hit we’ve already made up a few more batches!