A dessert for the fourth of July! I love the 4th of July, it’s my favorite holiday. Warm summer air, fireworks, BBQ, cold drinks, happy kids swimming in the pool. What’s not to love? Maybe the best part though is 4th of July food. I can’t get enough of the delicious BBQ and festive desserts served around my house on Independence Day, can you?
4th of July Flag Dessert Cake Recipe
- white or yellow cake
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 container fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of whipped cream
1. Make a white or yellow cake in a rectangular pan, at least 9’x13′ and let it cool
2. Wash fresh strawberries, slice in half, and allow to dry completely
3. Wash blueberries and allow to dry completely
4. Frost the cake with whipped cream
5. Layer strawberries in several straight lines across the cake horizontally for the stripes in the flag, leaving room in the top left hand corner for blueberries
6. Use the blueberries to make straight vertical lines in the top left hand corner, representing the blue stars on the flag
7. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool
8. Serve dessert + E N J O Y!