Category: Family

Stocking Stuffers Guide for Grown Ups

If you are stumped on how to fill those stockings for your husband/wife/parent/adult offspring, look no further. We’ve compiled a guide to our favorite stocking stuffers for your favorite grown ups. Let’s start with the gentlemen, shall we? His new favorite shaving and skin care regimen. My husband loves this brand of shave cream, and many other items from their lineup, so I make sure to include it every Christmas. And for the guy that likes to look polished and…
>> Read more

Comments are off for this post

Adorable Christmas Wreath Craft

Christmas Wreath Craft Title

This adorable little Christmas wreath craft is possibly the easiest Christmas craft ever. It requires only 3 supplies and a pair of scissors, and is not only cute and festive, but it’s great for kids. Um, hello, room moms in charge of class Christmas parties? This is perfect. It’s low cost, low maintenance, and doesn’t involve any glue, glitter or paint. Hallelujah.  To begin, gather your supplies Green craft felt Red or other festive ribbon, about 5/8″ thick Green pipe…
>> Read more

Comments are off for this post

Holiday Gift Guide for Boys

gift guide for boys

Don’t our sweet boys deserve the best? Spoil them this Christmas with these great gift ideas! I’ve heard people say that girls are easier to shop for than boys, or that it’s more fun to shop for girl stuff. But I disagree! There is something perfect and totally cool for every boy on your list in this guide. The builder, the athlete, the reader, the chef, you name it! Our holiday gift guide for boys is all you need to fill…
>> Read more

Comments are off for this post

Classic Stocking Stuffers for Kids

  Now that those stockings are hung by the chimney with care, it’s time to fill them up! As much as I love wrapping up a beautiful gift and finding that just-right-oh-so-special item for a loved one, I’m a sucker for the stockings, and always have been. I have fond memories of delightedly pulling lip gloss, chocolate Santas, new books, and once even a much-longed for Swatch watch out of my stocking as a child. So, I try to put…
>> Read more

Comments are off for this post

Christmas Hot Cocoa Bar

DIY Hot Cocoa Bar

Gathering family and friends together is especially wonderful at this time of year. A DIY hot cocoa bar is just the thing for office parties, classroom parties, neighborhood cookie exchanges, church gatherings,  a little celebration with family or friends, or a special treat Christmas morning. Take these tips and whip up your own sweet celebration, because everybody loves a steaming mug of hot chocolate. Start by designating a serving area for your DIY hot cocoa bar. Since guests will likely…
>> Read more

Comments are off for this post

Home Made DIY Christmas Gifts And Ideas

DIY marshmallows

It’s Christmas time!  And I have so many fun ideas for you to start your celebrations.  DIY Christmas gifts, creative ways to wrap your presents, recipes for flan and wassail and homemade marshmallows, what to wear to all your holiday parties, DIY neighbor gifts, and homemade beauty gifts for everyone you love. So much holiday fun! Home Made DIY Christmas Gifts And Ideas Tasty Homemade Wassail Recipe For The Holidays Tea Light Made From An Orange How To Homemade Marshmallows…
>> Read more

Comments are off for this post

Favorite Christmas Movies for Families

Christmas Movies

‘Tis the season for snuggling up with your favorite tribe and some favorite Christmas movies. It’s a regular weekend activity at our house during the holiday season, to dust off a favorite Christmas flick, pop some popcorn, and get all comfy cozy on the couch or the bed. Flannel pajamas are optional but strongly recommended.  We’ve assembled a small collection of our family favorites to share with you, so put on your fuzzy slippers and get ready for a holiday movie night. Disclaimer: I know, Die Hard…
>> Read more

Favorite Homemade Cranberry Sauce

homemade cranberry sauce

If you’ve never made your own cranberry sauce, you’ve been missing out. It’s my most favorite side dish to prepare on Thanksgiving, in part because it’s soon easy, in part because it can be made well in advance of the kitchen madness come mealtime, and in part because it’s so pretty! This recipe is my own favorite homemade cranberry sauce and I’m happy to share it with you today. It’s such as cinch you may never go back to the…
>> Read more

Comments are off for this post

This Week Quote Of The Week

this weeks quote of the week

This week’s quote of the week is a small soft spot in a sea of fear and anger and sadness.   There’s been so much hateful dialogue across the internet this week in the wake of the terrible tragedy and heartbreak in Paris and other, less reported parts of the world.  When I wrote about my husband’s story as a refugee and why I think it’s our responsibility as fellow humans to help others in times of crisis, I was genuinely…
>> Read more