8 Holiday Gift Ideas For Kids
What to gift all the special kids in your life? Fret not, dear friend. This year’s edition of our annual gift guide for kids has something for every kind of kid; boy or girl, for a range of ages and interests. You’re sure to find the perfect surprise, or find inspiration for something else wonderful.
Holiday Gift Ideas:
1. Got snow? Then proper sleds are an absolute must at Christmas time. These classic Flexible Flyer saucers are lightweight, easy to carry back up even the biggest sledding hill, and get some serious speed. Just stay away from any non-nutritive cereal varnish. (Name that movie, please!). In classic red, these are irresistible.
2. The specialty themed and licensed character sets of Lego bricks are all pretty cool, but my 10 year old was recently overjoyed with this Classic Lego set. Truly thrilled and excited about it–so much more flexibility for imagination and hours of contented play.
3. It’s a splurge for sure, but the possibilities are endless with this street vendor cart! Farmers market, lemonade stand, library, taco truck…you get the idea. Also? It’s so darn cute, and you can fill their stockings with all kinds of little pretend food and money to go along with it.
4. This is on my kids’ wish list this year. A set of legit, for real, working, hard core walkie talkies. I’m undecided on whether to get the set designed for kids or upgrade to a heftier set, but either way they’re going to flip their lids with excitement.
5. I’m madly in love with the Olliblocks. Part creative genius, part fun crafty DIY, and totally awesome. From Fairy Tales to Halloween to Careers there are so many kits to order, download, and create with simple instructions.
6. How about a gift that brings a new surprise every month? I’m really interested in these science-oriented subscription boxes from Tinker Crate. They send a new, fascinating kit each month for kids ages 9+ to create, engineer and explore. Psssst: don’t tell your kids it’s educational.
7. Converse All Stars. Kids and grown ups alike dig these timeless kicks, and both boys and girls are devoted fans. High top or low, slip on or laced, bright colors or classic black or white. They go with everything. Maybe just put these down for everyone on your shopping list.
8. My son received this Trivial Pursuit Family Edition as a birthday gift last month, and now our whole family is hooked It’s perfectly suited to families, with different categories of questions for kids and adults in a variety of subject matter. A great gift for game lovers of many ages.